The Volkswagen Group is forging ahead with digital transformation and Volkswagen Digital Solutions is part of this represented for its 3 Tech Units: AMS, MAN Digital Hub and SDC:LX.
Our Tech Unit is helping the Volkswagen Group to expand its development and operations and our teams are following this growth. We currently have different teams managing and developing software for the Group.
In VWDS, the Engineering Manager is someone we trust, and to whom we delegate the successful delivery of a service, from planning to ongoing operations. As an Engineering Manager, your focus will be on managing and supporting the teams at all levels. Being a leader means that you’ll need to ensure that at the same time the teams are growing and developing their knowledge, as a team and as individuals, and they are also enjoying the work and be proud to be part of Volkswagen Digital Solutions.
As a leader, you should have solid leadership skills, so you will be prepared to work on the team’s strategy and implementation of valuable ideas, as well as, continuously challenge your team members.
What you will do…
- You‘ll be responsible for the planning, execution, and success of new and ongoing projects;
- Active collaboration and communication with our customers;
- Be an active part in the set-up of the teams and mentoring and coaching the team members in their career development;
- Be a role model and a leader that helps the team understand the impact of their work in the organisation;
- Promote knowledge exchange across teams;
- Focus on quality and proactively suggest improvements within the projects and procedures;
- Advocate and implement an agile culture, creating and developing new organisational practices;
- Be an active member of the leadership team and be aligned with the company values and vision, collaborating with others within the organisation;
- Create positive team culture (e.g. curious, mutually challenging, collaborative).
- At least 10 years of work experience;
- Experience in mentoring and supporting personal and professional growth;
- Knowledge in mentoring and coaching team members towards achieving high-quality processes and deliverables
- Strong analytical skills and a critical mindset, to guide the team for the best approach and improve the processes in place;
- Good communication skills and teamwork;
- Excellent English skills, both written and spoken;
- Be part of our fantastic team;
- Work in an agile environment where your ideas are valued;
- Evolve with continuous training and career development.