NFON transforms and enriches how businesses use telephony. We deliver the freedom of business communication through cloud-based technology. Quick to deploy, versatile, scalable, flexible and reliable – just like our team. Our R&D and Operations team consists of technical experts who work to bring the business communication market to the next level.
We are no. 1 cloud telephone system in Europe.
As an engineer at NFON, you will be part of the new R&D team in Lisbon, working alongside the organization in a cross-functional agile team, always growing and helping to build and improve the quality of our products.
You will be building our new REST API Gateway for our core products using GO.
Experience with other languages will also be considered, making this an excellent opportunity for you to start working with this tech stack.
- Development of precisely fitting and sustainable applications and carry out our company deployments
- Proactive presentation of your own proposals regarding solutions and technologies for the development process
- Assuring knowledge transfer and close collaboration with your colleagues to help everybody to improve
- Ensuring applications security handling high volumes of load
- Have an impact on ambitious projects, in all the SDLC
- Design, document and deploy high performant and scalable RESTful API using GO and OpenAPI specification
- DevOps philosophy. You build it, you run it, you own it
- Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) or relevant tech experience
- 2+ years of programming experience in Go. PHP experience or similar languages will also be considered
- Deep knowledge of modern server-side technologies, frameworks, tools and APIs: Postman, behat/gherkin, REST, json, yaml, OpenAPI, Mysql, Postgres.
- 2+ years of experience in developing, documenting REST APIs and integrating systems
- Good knowledge of Open API Specification 3.0 definition standards
- Strong understanding of the most common attack patterns and know strategies to avoid them
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), German is a plus
- Strong team spirit, communication skills, motivation to learn, grow and mentor
- You are currently living in Portugal
Nice to have
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Skills with writing backend tests
- Experience working in a Product software company
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and Bamboo
- Experience with TDD, unit testing and writing clean code
- Experience with Behaviour Driven Development
- An option to choose the hardware (Laptop or MacBook Pro)
- Funding of educational training, including English courses
- An unlimited fixed-term contract with the flexibility of trust-based working hours
- Cozy and large workplaces with modern equipment in Lisbon (Rua Barata Salgueiro 37)
- Private health insurance (including family members)
- 25 vacation days
- Free coffee, fruit baskets and lunch vouchers
- International atmosphere in a continuously growing company with an open-minded culture and positive communication
- A motivated, distributed and agile team with lean hierarchies