As an Engineering Manager, you'll get the chance to work with various people from a completely international environment and having the liberty to implement your ideas and processes in your very own pack with us. You'll work with similar peers to deliver various features but also solidify the current platform, updating it to modern trends.
Your work with us is to lead and shape an effective multi-functional team of 6-10 people of which 3-6 engineers are under your direct management. As such you'll be responsible for:
- Contribute to scaling our platform to the next level of modularity & shareability while working on architecture, tools, standards, and practices for the engineering European organization
- Hiring, onboarding, mentoring, coaching, feedback, and career development of the engineering team.
- Putting in place and continuously improving quality practices (code quality, testing, release management).
- Supporting the team with as much or little process as they require, e.g. implementing Scrum or other methodology effectively.
- Working together with the team’s product manager to align technology solutions with the product vision.
- Previous Experience as a Software Engineer or in a similar field in Computer Science.
- Track Record of proven people management experience focused on developing and growing people. Not just on putting people on the path, but dealing with all sorts of situations.
- Working on creating, discussing, and managing team goals and key objectives.
- Passion and experience architecting, building, and scaling services, cloud-based systems serving millions of users. Experience in high-scale migrations is highly welcome for this role.
- Full Remote Position. You'll need to be able to work in a full remote-remote setup and currently residing in Portugal.
- Unique opportunity to become a part of an international team of top engineers learning from one another and contributing to the global OLX Group success, based in Lisbon. One of the sunniest areas in Lisbon with a strong emphasis on life quality.
- Working with and impacting all Classifieds websites in Europe collaborating with European and other International Hubs.
- A phenomenal place to learn and develop within fast-growing, global classifieds leader which opens further career opportunities in a diverse world of OLX and Prosus.
- Work in a multicultural and international environment. We currently have in Portugal alone over 15 nationalities!
- Great Perks as a baseline, including, relocation package for international candidates, opportunity to go for courses and conferences,