As a Senior Developer, you are a key player in our team. You think collaboratively about improving and/or establishing the architecture (microservices ecosystem). You take the intensive use by our users into account, in order to ensure an optimal performance of our platform. As an allround developer, you are also very hands on; you code in the current system, work on the programming of improved architecture, but also work on new modules and custom projects. Based on requirements of new modules to be developed and custom projects, you can determine how these new features should be built to fit into the existing architecture. As a Senior Developer, the challenge lies in optimally establishing and maintaining a scalable architecture that also delivers the performance that our customers expect.
You think it's time for a new step in your career as a developer and are looking for more challenge, variety and responsibility.
- A contemporary vision on the field of platform development, and good ideas on how this vision should be put into practice;
- You like to think in terms of solutions and think you know the best solution, but on the other hand you are open to discussing this with your colleagues;
- You like to bite to the bone to find complex matter and solutions;
- You communicate clearly and enjoy working with other team members;
- You find it important that applications are built in a solid and structured way;
- You think scalability and performance are a must;
- Good communication skills, and affinity with managing people;
- You are crazy about your profession and therefore always up to date with the latest developments in your field;
- At least 5 years work experience as a software developer with PHP and/or Scala;
- Experience with back-end frameworks such as Symfony;
- Knowledge of linking with third party systems based on REST / SOAP / proprietary protocols;
- You know or are familiar with: Read models, ElasticSearch, Ansible, Docker, Kafka, Jenkins, Linux, MongoDB.
Nice to have
- An internationally oriented organisation with European partners;
- A multi-language platform with appealing global customers;
- Flexible working hours, both on a full-time and part-time basis;
- An inspiring and pleasant place to work in our office in Dotslash Utrecht (https://www.dotslash.surf/);
- Working in a team in which self-management and cooperation are key;
- Plenty of room for personal input and initiative;
- Plenty of room for personal development;
- Various formats for the transfer of knowledge and inspiration (such as monthly TechTalks);
- Coffee (although there are also tea drinkers...);
- And of course a competitive salary and reimbursement of travel expenses.