Glovo is building the future of cities by enabling anyone to get any product from any store in their city delivered in minutes. Our goal is to provide on-demand delivery infrastructure for every city in the world. We are constantly looking for talented and passionate engineers to join the team in our Barcelona office.
You are someone who loves working in a high-paced startup environment. You enjoy tackling different problems and take pride in delivering thought-through, well designed, flexible and easy to use solutions. You work well with other top-level engineers and value constructive feedback that helps you grow as a professional. You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty with a platform or technology that you don’t know and are always eager to learn something new. If this sounds like you and you are up for a challenge, keep reading!
As an Android Developer at Glovo you will:
- Join one of the teams (Customer Experience, Logistics, Content and Partners, Growth, B2B, Platform) on a mission of constantly improving the product
- Develop software using modern engineering approaches and agile principles
- Own your deliverables from start to finish
- Participate in the team’s life and contribute to decision-making
- Computer Science or similar degree
- 2+ years of relevant full-time experience
- Strong Java and Kotlin skills
- Deep knowledge of Android SDK
- Understanding of reactive programming (RxJava)
- Will to adhere to best practices in OO development and a need to leave well-structured code in your tracks
- Solid refactoring skills
- The urge to write unit-tests
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Vivid interest in at least one area outside of coding (architecture, UI, algorithms,optimization, automation, etc.)
- Good English
Nice to have
- A ticket to the moon sitting on the fastest rocket - an adventure filled with challenges and professional growth
- Offices based in trendy Poblenou (L4), 10 min away from the beach
- Generous equity pack for all employees
- Social benefits (such as fresh fruit every day, free Tuesday lunches from our yummy partners, beers on Fridays, bi-monthly culture days, the best coffee machine in the world,...)
- A young, international and talented team, used to work in a fast paced and vibrant way - currently, we are over 800 employees from all over the world!