Plandek is a pioneering startup which believes that it is too hard to understand how well development teams work. To solve this we ingest data from tools that development teams commonly use, build innovative metrics from them and report this data in a cutting edge analytics tool.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about functional programming and data engineering to work on our Scala metrics system. This is built using Akka Streams, Cats, Shapeless. In the near term, we are planning to evolve our stack to include Presto and Spark.
Things you’ll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Working on our Microservice Architecture to transform chaotic Big Data into meaningful Small Data
- Working with the Product Team to define, scope, prototype and build new metrics
- Improving the scalability of our system
- Improving the observability of the platform
Things we’d like to see:
- Experience with Scala
- Excited about functional programming
- Excited about building scalable, high performance systems
We would like experience with some of these, but by no means expect the right candidate to already be familiar with everything here.
- Akka (Streams and HTTP)
- Google Cloud Platform
- A competitive salary
- The opportunity to be involved in an early stage startup
- A work environment built on freedom and openness
- A superb office in Southwark
- The tools you need to be productive
- A friendly, collaborative team